Cricket Green School
"Like school, only better"
Click here to translate this website into a different language
Cricket Green School
Lower Green West
Mitcham, CR4 3AF
Tel: 0208 640 1177
Headteacher: Mrs Celia Dawson
• Secrets to success for professionals in the Autism field by Gunilla Gerland
• Reaching and teaching the child with Autism Spectrum Disorder by Heather Mackenzie
• Making sense of social situations by Albert J. Cotugno
• Helping Children with Autism Spectrum conditions through everyday transitions by John Smith,
Jane Donlan & Bob Smith
• Addressing the challenging behaviours of children with high functioning Autism/Asperger’s
syndrome in the classroom by Rebecca A. Moyes
• Why Teach Social Thinking?: Questioning our assumptions about what it means to learn social
skills by Michelle Garcia Winner
• A Game to Encourage Social Thinking and Social Problem Solving: Elementary/Middle and High
School Edition by Domonique Baudry, MS, Ed.
• A Game to Encourage Social Thinking and Social Problem Solving: Middle and High School
Edition by Domonique Baudry, MS, Ed.
• The Zones of Regulation: A Curriculum Designed to Foster Self-Regulation and Emotional Control
by Leah M. Kypers, MA, Ed.
• Learning to Use the Power of Your Eyes: Volume 1 by Kim Gallo; Volume 2 by Kim Gallo and
• Superflex takes on Rock Brain and the Team of Unthinkables by Stephanie Madrigal
• Thinking About You, Thinking About Me: Teaching perspective taking and social thinking to
persons with social cognitive learning challenges 2nd edition by Michelle Garcia Winner
• Think Social: A social thinking curriculum for school-age students by Michelle Garcia Winner
• Socially Speaking: A Pragmatic Social Skills Programme for Primary Pupils by Alison Schroeder
• Talkabout for Teenagers by Alex Kelly and Brian Sains
• Social Skills Activities for Secondary Students with Special Needs by Darlene Mannix
• Think Good-Feel Good by Paul Stallard
Please feel free to discuss any resources with your outreach support worker.
Please click the tabs below for links to resources:
The following are links to websites for educational activities:
https://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/for-families-and-carers/ - Information, support and advice on any question or concern you have related to Down's Syndrome. Monday - Friday helpline available.
https://petervermeulenblog.wordpress.com/2020/03/16/autism-and-the-corona-virus-20-tips/ - Autism and the corona virus 20 tips.
https://www.adaptedmind.com/ - Maths and reading support activities through monster characters - free month on sign up.
https://nas-email.org.uk/YA3-6SMT4-EBA56W7R70/cr.aspx - Practical advice from the NAS to help Parents and carers support children who may feel uncertainty during school closures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8 - Joe Wicks - YouTube live PE sessions at 9am Monday to Friday to help keep children active while away from school.
https://www.cricksoft.com/uk/clicker/clicker-at-home - Word processing support to help children work independently. Resources for a wide range of curriculum topics. Can be used on and offline with easy sharing and saving options. Online form to for parents to complete for access codes.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/covid19-school-closures - New set of activities such as book readings, live lessons, positive news updates added each day. Activities will be listed the day before - giving you enough time to prepare and set up. Use their School Support Closure page for more ideas and resources to download.