"Like school, only better"
Cricket Green School
Lower Green West
Mitcham, CR4 3AF
Tel: 0208 640 1177
Headteacher: Mrs Celia Dawson
Teaching & Learning
• Create assessment policies in all subjects to lead to robust tracking of pupils’ progress on CASPA.
• Train Middle leaders to use data to analyse trends in their respective subjects to improve the quality.
of teaching & learning and achievement for all groups of pupils ( including pupils supported by pupil
• Increase the % of staff consistently delivering outstanding lessons to enable all pupils to achieve
• Develop the 6th form curriculum & assessment to focus on preparation for adulthood.
• Increase employment skills & therefore realistic opportunities for employment for pupils aged 14+.
• Investigate & develop the new school curriculum in line with government changes.
• Improve the Science curriculum & assessment in Key stage 3 & 4.
• Build curriculum teams to add to the consistency & quality of core teaching across all keys stages.
• Create more pathways for our SEBD pupils to engage in learning practical skills.
• Development team to improve their monitoring of assessment & planning for their subject areas.
• Improve the end of year results in Literacy & Maths for pupils in key stage 3 in line with the rest of
• Set up robust interventions for identified groups of pupils to ensure that those falling behind close
• Explore & establish the use of a greater range of assessment tools to measure pupils’ personal,
• Train Middle Leaders in identified courses & build capacity for SLE support in the borough.
• Increase capacity for threshold teachers to mentor ITT students & coach newly qualified teachers.
• Develop career pathways & programmes for assistants wanting to teach or take greater
• Develop the quality of coaching & professional development for satisfactory teachers to move up to
Spiritual Moral & Cultural
• Focus on establishing “Rights, Respecting Schools”, our UNICEF project, across all areas of school
life, aligning our policies & practice with the aims of RRS.
• Develop ELSA mentors to increase the provision for emotional well-being of targeted pupils.
• Increase the use of interventions & therapies for all pupils who need it.
• Develop “pupil voice” to enable a greater range of pupils to express opinion, convey information or
decide upon actions.
• Establish the community use of Chapel Orchard as a theatre / arts hub.
• Explore the use of CGS, with the LA, to establish an assessment nursery on site.