School Sports Funding
Our Sports Activities
1. All children in primary receive 1 term of swimming lessons at our local swimming pool.
This year the time per lesson has extended to 45min session. Secondary students receive a half term of swimming though session length is 1 hour.
2. Our school already offers a range of after school clubs, accessed by children from all Key Stages. Specific clubs for KS1/2.
3. We offer free Dance sessions as a lunch club (20 pupils) and as part of each year group’s PE lessons. Every half term a different year group gets the opportunity to work with the professional dance instructor who covers a range of dance forms including street, salsa and more formal dances.
4. We participate in Borough multi-skills events set up by the MSSSP and also inclusive football for boys and girls. Participation in these has increased since last year due to funding.
5. We participate in Panathlon football, and Panathlon sports competition and have improved our positions in the last year, to make the multi-sports final and Football Finals.
6. We have termly fixtures with other schools like ours on a home and away basis. As well as mini tournaments in our current sport e.g. hockey, volleyball which we moderate our levels from.
7. We hold an annual Sports events in summer for all pupils in primary and secondary.
8. We hold a whole school Cross country in the autumn term and invite two similar schools to participate with their running club for ‘friendly meets’. In the summer term our running club attends their cross country to compete for a trophy.
9. In the summer we have cricket sports coaches deliver sessions of coaching with links to Surrey cricket teams for weekend competition. We also have links with the Lord Tavernier’s cricket open days and get to visit ‘The Oval’ for competitions.
10. WJTA offer tennis clubs for an 8 week block for lunch clubs and coaching.